Steps Consumers Can Take When Preparing and Planning Their Move:
- For the health of your family and moving crew, please follow CDC guidelines.
- Give movers the chance to serve you in the safest way possible. Notify them ahead of time if anyone in your household may have contracted coronavirus, or may have been exposed to someone who has.
- It is difficult and unsafe for the moving crew to wear masks, please make sure windows and doors are open to circulate air flow.
- Some professional movers can provide virtual estimates, rather than in-home. If this is your preference, please check with your mover to see if they offer this option.
- Try to provide your moving crew access to a sink, soap, and paper towels throughout your move. If this isn’t practical, and it is readily available, provide hand sanitizer.
- If you plan to prepack any items, purchase new moving boxes and tape from your mover; this isn’t the time to use recycled boxes from online sources, or from stores.
- If you have shelf-stable food you plan to throw out to lighten your load, consider donating them to Move For Hunger to help feed people within your community.
- Consider deep cleaning your new home before unpacking to mitigate further the risk of contracting the virus.