Commonly Asked Questions About Boston Movers
If you are thinking about hiring Boston movers, there are several key questions that you need to ask. Based on the answers provided, you will have a much easier time selecting the one company that you feel more confident in and comfortable with.
• Is there a specific time of year that is best for moving? – Usually, summer is the best time of year to move due to good weather, but it is also the busiest time for moving companies. According to the latest statistics, roughly 32 million people in the U.S. relocate during the summer months. To save money, you might consider moving during the off-peak season or in the middle part of a summer month.
• How much notice does a professional moving company need? – Once you know the exact date of your move, try to lock in with Boston movers at least 30 days in advance, more if possible.
• What is an appropriate number of estimates to get? – To compare services and prices, it is important to request an estimate from at least three different companies. The estimate will cover things like the goods being moved, whether you are moving local or long-distance, add-on services, and tariffs charged to the mover, among other things.
• Can the licensing and insurance of Boston movers be confirmed? – In addition to finding this information on the moving company’s website, you can check with the Department of Transportation for the licensing information. As for insurance, request a something that shows proof of coverage and then follow up by contacting the provider to validate the information.
• How long does it take for movers to clear out a home? – That depends on the size of the home, its contents, and whether there are any outbuildings involved. Other determining factors include stairs, the distance from the front door to the moving truck, the number of movers, the movers’ experience, and more. As a good rule of thumb, moving a single-bedroom home locally will likely take between three and four hours to pack, load, and move.
• What is the average cost of a move? – Again, the total cost depends on numerous factors. Because of this, it is always recommended that you get at least three estimates from Boston movers. Each company should send a qualified representative to your home to make a full assessment as to the volume and type of goods that you need to have moved.